10.12.2012

FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE-CHUNK COOKIES

Well, what do you know, I have been suffering from a sweet tooth on an almost daily basis now days!
The wows of pregnancy...
As excited as I am about this new adventure of loving me some sweets first thing in the morning, noon, and evening, it is a bit of a challenge to satisfy my sweet-tooth in a most healthy and nutritional way possible.

If you know me, you know that I love a challenge, especially when it comes to messing around in the kitchen. I have been crafting some yummy, nutritional recipes lately and wanted to share one of my favorites.

These Flourless Chocolate Chocolate-Chunk Cookies have been satisfying us for about 4 weeks in a row now. :)


What You Will Need:

-  1 cup Rolled Oats
-  1/4 cup Cacao Powder
-  1/4 tsp Baking Soda
-  1 tsp Crushed Sea Salt (or 1/4 tsp normal Salt)
-  1/2 cup Chopped Dates
-  2 tbsp Raw Honey (+ 1 tbsp Brown Sugar if you like it real sweet)
-  1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
-  3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chunks
-  1-3 tbsp Almond Milk (or milk of choice)



- I threw my cup of Rolled Oats and 1/2 cup Chopped Dates into a Food Processor to get them blended together and also crushed to make flour like texture.
- While it is still in the Food Processor, I added Cacao Powder, Baking Soda and Salt to the mixture and blended it.
- Next I transferred the mixture into a mixing bowl and added Raw Honey and melted Coconut Oil to the mixture and used a fork to fold those in. Continue to mix until the Honey and Oil are evenly mixed in and the mixture is crumbly and somewhat resembles... coarse crumbs?
- Now you will mix in your Dark Chocolate Chunks followed by just 1 TABLESPOON of milk.
If your mixture is still too crumbly versus sticky like a cookie dough, pour in portions of the 2nd and if needed 3rd tablespoon and mix till you have achieved your perfect cookie dough texture.

Get Your Cookie Sheet Ready:
Instead of smothering it with oil or butter, lard or grease, get your cacao powder and sprinkle a thin layer of it on the cookie sheet. This will create a non-sticky barrier between your cookies and the pan.

Roll the dough into 2" balls, flatten them a little on the cookie sheet and bake on 375 for 8 minutes.
Cool for a few minutes (if you have the patience) and devour!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...